Protect your Vital Filming Tools, People and Processes with Film Casualty

Insurance Protection for Directors of Photography, Assistant Camera, Camera Operators, Digital Imaging Technicians, Video Tape Recorders, & Motion Picture Camera Rentals and Equipment.

Camera specialists can protect the tools and processes of their filmmaking projects and operations with our insurance policies that are crafted in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re a 1st AC looking for minimal coverage to protect against coverage gaps or a Motion Picture Camera Rental company looking to cover your entire business operations and equipment, you can rely on Film Casualty Insurance Agency to help.

 General Liability

Commercial General Liability insurance covers filmmaking premises and locations, within the United States and Canada, for bodily injury or property damage from events occurring during your production. This coverage also protects you from lawsuits if someone who is not a direct employee is injured during your production. General Liability policies also cover accidental property damage. Auto coverage may also be part of this policy, along with Unmanned Aircraft and Animal Mortality. The General Liability policy you get from Film Casualty has some of the broadest business insurance available anywhere.

 Commercial Property

Commercial Property coverage insures against the following:

  • Damage to company equipment and property
  • Damage to others’ property when shooting on location, such as rented or borrowed studio space, personal computer resources, data storage, and more.
  • You can extend the Commercial Property component to employees’ personal professional equipment, including cameras, computers and media, while they are used in the job.
  • Coverage can extend to transport of production equipment and usage on the job location.

Your production remains responsible for care and upkeep of any leased, rented or borrowed properties for activities related to the production.

 Hired/Borrowed Vehicles and Commercial Auto

Hired/Auto vehicle coverage covers your production for accidents, injuries and other incidents while using rented and borrowed vehicles. Coverage for Hired and Borrowed Vehicles includes Auto liability coverage for third parties, and also provides Comprehensive & Collision coverage that covers damage to those vehicles, subject to a deductible payment.

If your organization owns one or more vehicles, you may need a full Commercial Auto insurance policy, which provides third-party and comprehensive/collision coverage for vehicles owned by your company.

As an alternative, you can see to it that your full Auto coverage for Owned/Hired/Borrowed vehicles is controlled through your General Liability policy. The end result in all cases should be to provide all the coverage you need at the best possible price. Talk to your Film Casualty agent for details.

 Inland Marine

Inland Marine is an important component of your policy that covers your owned, rented and hired equipment in transit. When you transport production assets over land (by road or rail), by water or by air, you need this coverage to prevent exposure to possible losses. Many inland marine policies provide coverage without regard to the location of the covered properties; these are often called "floater" policies, and may include water transport protection.

 Worker's Comp

Worker’s Compensation coverage is a must-have for your production. Workers’ Comp covers medical expenses and lost income for employees who are injured on the job. It includes work-related illness, disability and death benefits for any cast, crew or employee. Other advantages include access to a preferred provider network, prescription drug features, needle injury coverage, nursing care managers to help coordinate care, and Pay-As-You-Go billing that bases premium payments on the actual payroll.

While employees may be covered through another company’s policy, we recommend that your department or production company carry a backup policy to ensure no one falls through the cracks. Like Jeff, the Loader Apprentice. We gotta look out for Jeff, you guys.

 Errors and Omissions

E&O insurance protects against possible intellectual property rights violations, and against libel, slander and defamation of character risks. We all know this could never happen to you, but in the wild and wooly world of film making, a lot of crazy things can happen. Film Casualty has your back when bad things happen to good people.

 Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)

This is where it gets real. Employment Practices Liability Insurance covers against claims made by employees alleging discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment and other employment-related issues, such as failure to promote. Disgruntled employees can lead to expensive consequences. You can take a few actions to avoid this:

  1. Make sure everyone knows your company’s guidelines regarding promotion, termination, discrimination and other factors affecting employment, and be generous with information.
  2. Get signed agreements.
  3. Get EPLI.

With Film Casualty watching your back, you can turn all your attention to making your sound packages the strongest artistic expression for your projects.

Let's Protect Your Business.