Commercial Auto Insurance covers your production or your organization against accidents, injuries and other incidents while using owned, rented and borrowed vehicles.
Just like the auto coverage for your personal vehicle, you're legally required to carry Auto liability coverage for third parties; you can choose Comprehensive & Collision coverage that also covers damage to your production vehicles. We strongly recommend this. The incremental cost represents a major reduction in your exposure to loss. Bear in mind that Commercial Auto policies are completely separate from the personal auto policy you normally have.
If your production team does not own company vehicles, but uses rented vehicles and personal vehicles during production, then you can opt for Hired/Borrowed Vehicles coverage to cover liability and comprehensive/collision obligations.
Your commercial auto coverage can be tailored to protect you for rental reimbursement and towing expenses (subject to policy limits), when a vehicle sustains damage from a covered physical damage loss. You can obtain features such as Glass Repair Waiver of Deductible; when a vehicle only sustains glass damage, your insurance can waive the physical damage deductible.
Commercial Auto coverage protects you in the following scenarios:
- An employee hits a pedestrian while driving a truck from your organization, and the pedestrian requires medical treatment that results in substantial bills.
- You accidentally swerve off the road while driving to work using a company vehicle, take out a residential mailbox, and have to pay for the damage.
- An employee using a company vehicle to drive to a meeting with another production firm accidentally hits another car and totals it..
Hired/Borrowed Vehicle coverage protects you in the following scenarios
- An employee hits a pedestrian while driving a hired or rented truck, and the pedestrian requires medical treatment that results in substantial bills.
- An employee hits another vehicle while driving a hired or rented truck, incurring damage that does not total either vehicle; or totals either vehicle.