Filming In Connecticut
Film Insurance Requirements in the State of
Insurance Requirements for Special Use Licenses The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection will not issue a Special Use License unless certain insurance requirements are met first. The agency can accept a license application and initiate a review before requiring evidence of insurance. However, final approval of an application is contingent upon meeting the requirements described below.
Insurance Requirements for Special Use Licenses:
1. The LICENSEE shall obtain, at its own cost and for the duration of the license, commercial general liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence for 1.) bodily injury, 2.) personal injury, and 3.) property damage. If a general aggregate is used, the general aggregate limit shall apply separately to the project or the general aggregate limit shall be twice the occurrence limit. The LICENSEE shall assume any and all deductibles in the described insurance policies.
2. Coverage shall include 1.) Premises and Operations, 2.) Independent Contractors, 3.) Contractual Liability, and 4.) Broad Form Property Damage. The coverage shall contain no special limitations on the scope of protection afforded to the State.
3. The 'State of Connecticut, DEEP' shall be named as an Additional Insured on all coverages.
4. The LICENSEE's insurer shall have no right of recovery or subrogation against the State, and the described insurance shall be the primary coverage. Any failure to comply with the claim reporting provisions of the policy shall not affect coverage provided to the State. The insurance policy shall not be suspended, voided, cancelled or reduced, except after 30 days prior written notice by certified mail has been given to the State. The coverage shall contain no special limitations on the scope of protection afforded to the State. The LICENSEE shall assume any and all deductibles in the described insurance policies.
5. The LICENSEE shall provide the LICENSOR with a Certificate of Insurance reflecting these requirements not less than 15 business days prior to the Approved Dates and Times.
Evidence of Insurance for Special Use Licenses:
The LICENSEE shall provide the LICENSOR with a certificate of insurance (COI) naming the LICENSOR as an additional insured using the following language:
a. The ‘State of Connecticut, DEEP’ shall be identified as the certificate holder.
b. The language in the Descriptions of Operations/Locations/Vehicles shall read as follows: “Certificate holder is named as additional insured as respects their interest in the operations of the named insured at [locations] on [dates].
Disclaimer: The encapsulated production information on this page is provided for general purposes only and should not be construed as advice. While we do our utmost to keep all information up to date, production requirements change often. The best source for details is the film office itself.